Hot Fudge Sauce



A sweet treat from Emily today...
This hot fudge sauce is great served over vanilla ice cream and a brownie, or as a hot fudge sundae with salted cashews sprinkled on top.  I prefer to eat this sauce by the spoonful strait out of the fridge--preferably when no one is looking!
Hot Fudge Sauce
4 oz semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate (you can use 1/2 cup chocolate chips, I recommend Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips)
1/4 C butter
1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
dash salt (optional)

In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk until smooth and all the chocolate has melted.  Do not boil.  Serve warm.

Note: I have only made this using chocolate chips.  I am sure it would taste even better if you used a quality baking chocolate.  I would not recommend cocoa powder or milk chocolate.

Comments

  1. Update: I would recommend heating this over medium-low heat. I have made it with a quality baking chocolate and it is good, but expensive. Stick with chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment