Browned Butter Chocolate Frosting

One extra step makes this chocolate frosting go from regular to mmmm...

Browned Butter Chocolate Frosting
4 Tb. butter, browned and cooled (cook over low heat until brown)
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup powdered cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 2 Tb. milk (as needed)

Beat cooled melted butter into sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Can add milk to thin frosting if too thick. This frosting tastes like a very rich fudge and makes chocolate cakes or brownies even more incredibly rich.

Tiffany's Notes: My sisters know how to pick the good recipes!  I hadn't ever tried this recipe from the family cookbook before.  It was simple and a great addition to brownies.  I made a quick pan of brownies from a boxed mix and when they were cool this got spread on top.  I definitely needed the milk--I added a bit at a time until it looked right.  It covered a 9x13 pan of brownies.

Comments