Fettuccine Alfredo II

Fettuccine Alfredo

6 to 8 oz. fettuccine
¼ cup butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tb. finely chopped parsley
Salt and garlic to taste

Chop the parsley very fine and grate the Parmesan as fine as you can. Then melt the butter in a small sauce pan (do not boil) and remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan and cream. Return to heat and just bring to boil at a lowest setting. Pour over noodles and coat well. Serve immediately.

Becky's Note:  This recipe was posted several months ago, but I wanted to add a little commentary.  If my memory serves me correctly, this is the very first recipe my sister and I searched for on the internet--way back before Google (great, I am showing my age;-).  Since then, this is one of our favorite meals for anniversaries and other special occasions.  The best part about this meal is that I don't cook it--it is my husband's specialty!  When he made it recently, he discovered a new trick.  Usually he watches the sauce very carefully to make sure it doesn't get too hot and that the cheese melts smoothly.  This time he tried it in our double boiler and it was perfect.  I love when a simple idea makes such a huge difference in a recipe!

Comments