Soup Made from Leftovers

If you have small amounts of leftovers from a few different meals, you can often use them all to make soup. 


Last night I had about a cup of rice, a few spoonfuls of chicken gravy, a can of tomatoes with green chiles that would expire in about a month, and a little bit of taco meat, all leftover from some other dinners. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I made "Leftover Soup." It's different every time, of course, but this time in addition to the leftovers my soup had white beans (which were also leftovers that I had frozen), frozen corn, about half of a red pepper, garlic salt, and two cups of water with 2 tsp. chicken bouillon. It's very easy to make this recipe because most of it is already prepared. It was mostly a matter of dumping everything into a pot and heating it until the corn and peppers were cooked.

Comments