Egg Salad Sandwich


Still have an abundance of colorfully dyed Easter eggs you need to use?  Or, do you want an easy sandwich to whip up for lunch today?



Egg Salad Sandwich
1 hard boiled egg
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Pepper
Celery, diced

Finely chop egg, or put it in a small bowl and smash it up with a fork. Add enough mayo (2-3 Tb) to make a good mixture. Add mustard to taste. Add ground pepper and diced celery if desired. Use two eggs for a heartier sandwich.

Tiffany's Notes: This is a super easy sandwich.  I wish I remembered to make them at other times of the year besides Easter!  I know this will probably horrify everyone else, but we are a Miracle Whip family so I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise.  {Gasp!}

This is a great sandwich for a brunch or luncheon.  You can serve it on little rolls.  Or, for a pretty presentation on sliced bread gently remove the crusts and cut the sandwich into small triangles or rectangles.  You can make the sandwiches ahead of time, place on a platter, cover, and chill it until needed.

Comments

  1. We are a no mayo house but I love egg salad sandwiches. I usually use a little bit of sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eating them all week. I actually just use mustard (no mayo, no miracle whip!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS For the record we are a miracle whip/mayo family. We use them interchangeably {gasp gasp!!}.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment