Apple Walnut Cake

A decadent treat!  Don't let the apples fool you; this is not a healthy treat!
Apple Walnut Cake


2 cups sugar
1½ cups vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups raw apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
¾ cup walnuts, shelled and chopped

Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs. Add flour, salt, and spices. Add apples and blend well. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Bake in a 9 x 13 inch greased and floured pan for 1 hour at 350°. Very moist. Frost with butter cream frosting.

Becky's Note: I love a good mixture of fruit and nuts!  I was really worried when I made this batter- it was beyond thick.  I kept checking the recipe to see if I missed an ingredient, but I had followed it correctly.  Has anyone else had the same experience cooking this cake?  I crossed my fingers and cooked the cake.  It turned out beautifully--dense and sweet.

Comments

  1. I think we made this recipe for a Stake RS Meeting dessert. It was September and I decided that an apple cupcake would be a good fall-type dessert. :) {We also made chocolate cupcakes.} I do remember it being quite thick. It is good! I wonder if you could substitute some applesauce for part of the oil?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment