Blue Cheese Dressing


Fresh Blue Cheese Dressing tastes wonderful compared to bottled stuff, and you can adjust the spices, or add as much blue cheese as you like!


Blue Cheese Dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tb. lemon juice (½ lemon)
¼ tsp. garlic salt
½ cup cream or milk (or less)
Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise. Add lemon juice, garlic salt, and milk. Stir in blue cheese. Half the amount of cheese still tastes good. Add milk to the consistency you want the dressing.

Melinda's Notes: This tastes better after a couple of hours in the fridge. Check the consistency when you take the dressing out to use. If it is too thick, stir in a little milk until you get the consistency you like. If you want to use this as a vegetable dip, don't add any milk.

Becky's Note: Blue Cheese is my favorite salad dressing. This was my first attempt making it from scratch and it turned out great.  I must admit that my my stomach turned a little when I unwrapped the cheese, but than I took a bite and died and went to heaven because it was that good.  I love this dressing, but I may just start crumbling blue cheese straight on my salads!

Comments